*

Friday, October 17, 2008

> MBBS graduates in the lurch


A letter to Malaysiakini by Kenny.

I am a fresh medical graduate who is not satisfied with the way the health ministry is working. I have sent and went through all the necessary processes required to apply for work with the ministry.

It was about three months ago and until now I have no reply from the ministry.

I tried calling the ministry and was told to refer to their Bahagian Latihan and I did as told and after countless times of calling (with them refusing to pick up the phone); they finally took my call and the reply I got was that they themselves don't know when the kursus induksi will start!

I am now lost and have done nothing for the past three months; just staying at home waiting for their letter.

I can't find a part-time job since I don't really know when the letter will arrive and when I will be called up by the ministry.

I think I have wasted a lot of time when I could be doing a lot more worthy things. Instead, I am stuck in this situation together with all my other batch-mates.

We have been stuck in this situation for the past three months and we hope that the ministry will have a more convincing answer as to when our induksi will begin so that we don’t have to keep on waiting.


The first problem for these MBBS graduates is to get a place to do this course because of the unfair, lopsided quota for Bumiputra students by way of a one year Matrikulasi. And then the very rigorous 5 year medical course. And now this problem of contacting the Ministry for a job. I think these students need a break. Please somebody help! - My Journal.